Wednesday

Preschool St. Patricks Day ~ Wednesday





Today, we made a St. Patrick's Day, squishy, sensory bag. You need: green hair gel (I had orange and colored it green), gold glitter, and Leprechaun confetti

I put in about 1/2 cup of gel. I colored mine green and added a few shakes of gold glitter. I put in 5 confetti Leprechauns.

He got to mix it all up and look for the Leprechauns.

There's One!
What would St. Patrick's Day be without a pot of gold. We are going to make our own pot with Plaster of Paris.
I added about a cup of Plaster and 1/4 -1/2 cup of water. Add a little water at a time. You want it to be the consistency of pancake or waffle batter. Mix to get out all the lumps.
I placed wax paper (you can just coat the bowl with a generous amount of vaseline) in a med. glass bowl. You need a covering to help the plaster get out when it's dry. I placed a smaller bowl, with wax paper wrapped around the outside, into the med. bowl and pressed until I saw the Plaster coming up the side of the med. bowl.

I let sit for 30 minutes, or until it was set and removed it from the bowl and peeled of the wax paper.

I placed it on a wire rack overnight to completely dry. It is very fragile. If any pieces break off you can just glue them back. They are great for decoration, but plaster is porous and bowl should not be used for eating.
We are going to paint it tomorrow and put in the gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment