Thursday

Preschoolers Will Be Teenagers One Day


I think I am pretty fashionable. I like to dress comfortable, but I can clean up if I need to. I do not like shopping, I know, I know, how could that be.  So, I took a deep breath and took my teenage son shopping for some new clothes, he grows every night I think. I get to the store and I realize I don't know what guys are wearing these days. I start looking at the pictures on the walls, trying to get ideas. My son looks around, training kicks in because he looks at sale racks first, and finds a few things he would look good in. I noticed on the walls that the layered look is in for guys. I pick up a brown, plaid, button up shirt with a t-shirt underneath and put it in the basket. I thought it would look good on him. I make my purchases and take them home.My son tells my daughter, "Hey, would you like to see what mom bought me?" and he proceeds to pull his clothes out of the bag. My daughter just looks at me and says, "Mom, you need a stylist with you." and asked me if I had the receipt so I could take them back. Well, now I know. I have 2 other sons and I am going to have to make sure I take my daughter shopping with me, so my boys will look good. Preschoolers are much easier. Shopping is not my favorite, but I love yard sales and consignment sales. Lots of clothes available for the little girls and guys but less selection for the teenagers, thank goodness for Plato's Closet. Just remember, preschoolers will be teenagers one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment