Sunday

Blueberry Picking

I love this season, all the fresh fruits and vegetables. Blueberries, Blackberries and Cherries are in season. We are pulling up beans, squash and cucumbers everyday.

We have had a heatwave on the East Coast but we were all home this fine Sat. morn and my husband decided this would be the perfect day to go Blueberry picking. Woooh! It was 85 when we left at 9:30 and it was only going to get hotter.

We get there and everyone gets a bucket. Our motto is "Many hands make light work" so we thought we would get in and get out with tons of berries. 10 minutes later, "Mom, are we done yet" says my preschooler. "Mom, can you get me some water", "Mom, I'm really hot, can we go". We gave him water, propped him up under some shade and gave him a bucket. "Here honey, pick these berries right here around you." We weren't there for much longer but we had a great, sweaty, time and made a new memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment